Having Power for Life means you are happier, alert on the job and more naturally energized in your daily life. The foods you eat influence your energy levels throughout the day. That also applies to your emotional state and mental focus. Check out this fun, helpful video:
You can make smart and easy nutritional choices that will go a long way toward improving your mood, boosting your energy, and keeping you more alert on the job. Start eating more of these foods to stay sharp:
- Salmon – Omega-3 fatty acids keep cortisol and adrenaline from spiking. Helps prevent memory loss.
- Broccoli – Enhances cognitive function and brain power. Also consider spinach because it contains magnesium, which helps lower your stress.
- Dark Chocolate (small amounts, of course) – Boosts focus and energy, and assists in fighting stress.
- Water – Essential for all your body functions. Improves focus and helps you think faster.
- Berries – Great snack to help you increase memory and concentration. Blueberries are also high in antioxidants.
- Almonds – Boost brain function and contain vitamins that bolster the immune system. Pistachios and walnuts are great too because they lower blood pressure.
- Green Tea– Helps focus attention and improve both speed and accuracy.
- Avocados – Keeps the blood flowing in your brain and loaded with monounsaturated fat and potassium. Enjoy guacamole!
- Pumpkin Seeds – Enhance memory and thinking skills.
- Brown Rice – Whole grains help you stay alert all day. Oatmeal is also great for making and keeping positive brain chemicals flowing more steadily.